Many in Singapore suffer in silence when they have psychological or psychiatric conditions. This can affect their work performance and family life. Research have shown that proper medical and psychological management and treatment of these psychiatric problems or illnesses will not only improve your everyday functioning and abilities, but improve your longer term outcome and even your physical health. Our clinic provides comprehensive assessment, medical treatment and management. Conditions treated are:
- Depression – low mood, sadness, sleep & appetite problems, decrease energy and attention, forgetfulness, poor concentration, guilt feelings, suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts.
- Bipolar Disorder – mood swings, mania and depression.
- Attention Deficits and Hyperactivity Disorder – one to two third of children with ADHD will continue to have symptoms in adulthood, including distractability, impulsivity and restlessness resulting in difficulties in school or at work.
- Insomnia – poor sleep, difficulty initiating sleep, early awakening.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder – long lasting anxiety and fear, free floating and uncontrolled worries.
- Phobias – fear and anxiety triggered by a specific object or situation and avoidance of trigger
- Panic disorder – recurring panic attacks of intense fear and terror, with tremors, fast heart rate, confusion, dizziness, nausea, difficulty breathing.
- Social anxiety (social phobia) – intense fear and avoidance of social situation / social interaction, difficulty with public speaking, may have blushing, excessive perspiration and difficulty speaking.
- Obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD) – repetitive obsessions (distressing, persistent, and intrusive thoughts or images) and compulsions (urges to perform specific acts or rituals).
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) – results from traumatic experience, like road traffic accident, rape, child abuse, bullying or combat.
- Stress and Adjustment Disorders – difficulty in adjusting to changes or acutely stressful events.
Other Psychiatric Conditions Treated
- Grief and Loss
- Psychosis, Schizophrenia & related conditions
- Anger management problems
- Interpersonal & relationship issues
- Pain Conditions
Child / Adolescent
Child and Adolescent Disorders
- ADHD – Inattentiveness, hyper-activity, impulsivity.
- Anxiety and Stress – Nervousness, fear with physical symptoms of rapid heartbeat and sweating.
- Emotional Disturbances – persistent feelings of sadness and/or rapidly changing moods.
- Autism & Pervasive Developmental Disorder – poor social skills and communication, child is unable to understand the world around him.
- Disruptive behaviours – defy rules and disruptive in structured environment such as school.
To read more, click here.
Old Age Disorders
- Depression – sad mood, with loss of pleasure, complaints of physical symptoms like headache, giddiness, body weakness.
- Dementia – gradual memory loss, changes in personality, difficulty caring for self.
- Paranoid Symptoms – fears that others are out to harm them
To read more, click here.